Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer Sangria!

It should read Summer SangriaS, because we just made a pitcher of them and they are aMaZiNg! So Sangria is my FAVORITE drink by far, but rarely do I order the drink because it has to be just right. Anyway last night Brett and I were enjoying some Mexican that I had slaved away making (actually it was made in a crock pot... easy peasy) and we were wishing we had a nice Mexican drink. So tonight.. while eating leftovers we enjoyed some homemade Sangria.

 Here's how we made it:
 1 bottle of cabernet sauvignon
2 shots of flavored brandy (we had cherry, but next time I would do apricot)
 1/2 cup of sugar
 3 strawberries
1 orange
 1 lemon
1 lime

 Let it sit for at least an hour and serve on ice. On a different note I only have two weeks of summer left... AHHHHH! Honestly, I am ready to go back... need some adult social interaction. I think my kids are extremely bored as well. I am too scared to venture out by myself with two terrors angels. We went to the public pool once and Wonderscope (when I was armed with 2 other adults). A few trips out and about with my buddy Jenny, but she has a baby too so it's still pretty crazy!



 Today we had our 15 month checkup. They tested Sidda and she does NOT have celiacs. Thank goodness! I am not sure if this totally rules out a wheat allergy or just celiacs, but based on blood work she's good! She has also gained 7 oz. in two weeks! So she is at 17 lbs. 1 oz. and Max weights 23 oz. Doctor said we need to focus on getting him to talk, apparently his word count is low :) You would think with me being a teacher they would be pros... but with two they are impossible to get focused. They just feed off of each other and not in a positive way :) I also took the kiddos into school and they really did a good job keeping entertained, Sidda did rip down part of my bulletin board but I can fix it pretty easily! They were so exhausted after lunch they took a 2 1/2 hour nap! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment