Sunday, May 1, 2011

A chance to breathe...

Wow, it's amazing how times flies. Seems like yesterday I was counting down the hours until my sweet babies arrival. Now they are a couple days from being 2 weeks old.
We had a scheduled c-section on April 19th. Everything went so well... they rolled me in at 7:30 am and by 8:00 am I was being rolled back into my room with 2 beautiful babies.
Maxwell Stephen was born at 7:40 am and Siddalee Kay followed at 7:42 am.
My mom helped capture the moment in the surgery room and my dad, sharon and kirstin joined us in the room after. Brett's parents arrived shortly after with his sister. It was a bit crowded and I honestly don't remember much from that day. Don't know if was the medicine or what but it's a blur. I had an allergic reaction to the medicine and all I remember is my face being itchy and continuing to swell as the day went on. Then I got benedryl which knocked me out for an hour or so. Amanda and Wes came to visit and also my sister, paige, that evening. I was exhausted.

We got to go home on Friday. Brett's mom stayed with us. Our first night was rough. While you think everything is ready and prepared before you leave for the hospital we found that it becomes a learn as you go process. We ended up rearranging furniture, and baby stuff the next day to prepare for night 2. Over the last 2 weeks we have finally mastered a schedule and cut down our feeding times.

At our first doctor's appointment last week Siddalee peed all over the check up bed, and both of them filled their pants within 5 minutes of being in the waiting room!! They both had not shown much of a weight gain and therefore we will be going back to the doctor tomorrow in hope they have gained some weight. Not sure what the plan is if they haven't!

That is a pretty brief summary of what our life has been like for the last 2 weeks, but Max is getting very impatient with me at the moment as he is ready to eat and go to bed!! I better go before he gets too mad at me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment